Tuesday, July 16, 2013

My Morning Cup of Tea: StevenBe Glitter Time Tea Style!

Good Morning!

So I realize that I haven't had a cup of tea for the past three days and I haven't blogged in the same space of time, which leads me to believe there is a connection here somehow... ;)

Anyhow, this morning's cup of tea is brought to you by my favorite yarn store, StevenBe!!!

I visited their shop on Saturday past and had a fantastic afternoon of knitting, talking, and meeting people! I felt at ease, at home, and just in general, comfortable!

I was talking about what is new with me, one of which is my new obsession with tea and Jeremy (my friend of friends at StevenBe!) ran over to their coffee display. StevenBe carries an exclusive line of coffee blends in their shop that is specially made for them, of which I have tried none as I do not drink coffee. However, apparently I am not the only one and they have crafted a shop exclusive tea blend with Bingley's Teas. This is the tea that resides in my cup this morning.

The tea, unfortunately, had no instructions on how to brew the best cup possible, so I eyeballed it and it brewed up a light, golden yellow. This was probably not the best brewed cup of this tea, the more I think about it, but more on that later.

The tea is quite fragrant and fresh-smelling. It made me curious to taste it. But one thing held me back: the shiny glint of glitter in the cup.

For those of you that may not know, StevenBe is a magical place filled with yarns of all textures, fibers, colors, feathers, and glitters! They carry many, many texturally intriguing yarns (of which I avoid like the plague due to personal preference!) and their motto is Glitter it Up! So naturally, glitter is a central component of the tea.

The tea is a blend of Ginsing Oolong Tea mixed with Green Tea, candied mango pieces and cornflowers. Add the edible pastry glitter and you have StevenBe Glitter Time Tea.

Naturally, the cup is full of glitter and swirls around mesmerically, enchanting your eyes with the trail of golden glitter. This, however, presents a great difficulty to me as I am one of those people who gets freaked out by things in the bottom of the glass. I will admit, right now, to not swallowing the last bit of the tea. I quailed at the thought of ALL THAT GLITTER going down my throat and it made me queasy. Not because the tea was disgusting! Not at all! Just me and my slight case of OCD.

So now to finish this review before I head into work in the next 5 minutes!

The tea was weak, but I believe this to be my fault and not the tea's fault. I will have to re-brew a cup later on and try it again. The flavor was weak, so I can't really judge it yet due to me not brewing the cup properly. The tea itself was fragrant and beautifully colored. The glitter was a bit over the top for my taste, but it IS StevenBe in a cup! Trust me!

So overall, keeping in mind that I brewed the tea improperly, I give it a 4/5 for aromatic quality, non-scoring for the flavor of it as I have no idea what the TRUE flavor is, and at the moment, a non-quantifiable Josh Factor as by default I HAVE to brew another cup! (Once I recover from the mental picture of glitter floating in my beverage! ;) )

So cheers to you and I'm off to work!

Josh

No comments: