Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Morning Cup of Tea - Earl Grey Bravo style

Good Morning! So I have a new fabulous habit that is now entrenched into my day: a cup of tea to start the day off with. That being said, I have been drinking tea regularly with a passion and as such, needed to order more last week.

I'm quite a bit of a tea snob in the sense that I find tea in bags (teabags) to be less flavorful as a loose leaf tea blend. One of my favorite tea shops in my area is the Tea Source. They carry amazing blends of tea and have a fantastic variety of tea blends and pure, straight tea. I LOVE this place and every time I go, I come home with some fantastic tea blend of some sort. Now they are a bit of a distance from my house and as such I go very infrequently, which in turn causes a problem when one is running out of tea slowly. Thankfully they have an online ordering option and will ship their teas to your house, saving you the trouble of having to find a window in your schedule to make it to the shop.

So I dutifully went online, shopped in their shop and was about to place an order when two of my friends told me of another magical tea shop that also shipped to your house and carries an amazing selection of tea as well. This magical place of wonderful teas is called Adagio Tea and as I shopped their beautiful website, I selected 21 flavors of tea to try. I may or may not have gone taste crazy and ordered many different types of blends and teas to try.

This magical box of tea arrived yesterday (they have FABULOUS shipping speed as well!) and I opened it with the joy of a four year old at Christmas! I now have 23 flavors of tea (they sent me two other samples!) to taste and enjoy everyday.

And now to the tea that is in my cup this morning: Earl Grey Bravo! This tea is a traditional Earl Grey with extra citrus-y flavor that creates an amazing aromatic cup. Seriously aromatic. I opened the pouch of tea and was hit with a fresh orange smell so potent it was almost too magical for one's nose to handle! It brewed up with a deep amber color and is simply delightful. Not my favorite tea I've tried, but it is a nice, light cup of tea that has a delicious orange aftertaste. So I give this blend a 5 out of 5 for aromatic qualities, a 4 out of 5 for flavor, and a 3 out of 5 for my personal taste.

1 comment:

china clay teapot said...

ot tell, most people think that tea rust and teChina Purple Clay Teapota scale is a concept, in fact, the two are in the process of the formation of the first come. First you need to understand two terms: tea rust and tea scale.
Tea contains a lot of chemical ingredients, and enamel is one of them. Tannins are chemically unstable and will be oxidizedYixing Purple Clay Teapot Set and darkened when exposed to oxygen, which is why the color of the tea will become darker and deeper after it is placed. While the enamel continues to undergo oxidation, molPurple Clay Teapot With Infuserecules also react to make themselves larger and larger, Handmade Ceramic Teapotand finally a compound called phthalic anhydride is produced.
Phthalic anhydride is a brown substance that is hardly soluble in water. It will slowly precipitate out of the tea leaves and attach to the cup. Over time, it will form a brown-red tea rust. The tea stain is formed by the tea that has not been consumed or put on for a long time and is exposed to the air. The teCheap Ceramic Teapotsa polyphenol in the tea is formed by oxidation reaction with the metal element Authentic Purple Clay Teapotin the tea